Tofu Crumble Meatballs
I love making minced meatballs. They allow so much creativity to flow into them. Technically, you can choose from a wide range of ingredients at the store and mix almost anything, make them into little balls and then fry them.
Personally, my favourite comes about when the outer layer is crispy, and the inner layer is oh so juicy and sweet. Best of all, it comes with a burst of ‘wow’ flowing through your mouth.
Burp…now that would be just fantastic! Tempted to make em’? Hit the link for the recipe.
Makes about 30 little balls (depending on how much you use for one)
- 250grams minced meat (pork or chicken)
- 1 tube egg tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of crushed oats (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of milk (optional but it would be good)
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of chinese wine (if you like that good ol wine fragrance.)
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a big bowl. Meanwhile, heat up pan and cover the base of the pan with oil. Alternatively, you can just grease the base and then pan fry the meatballs.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop half a mixture. Mould mixture into almost flat ball like shapes and then fry them on each side for 1.5 minutes until golden brown. Repeat till pan is full.
- Serve hot with bread, chips or pasta!
Now that’s a quick fix!