Got to make this quick. The entire family is waiting for me to start smacking off the piping hot Butter Prawns which I just dished out. So here is the recipe :
Tea Time Butter Prawns
- 12-15 Grey prawns, eyes cut off
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Hua Tiao Wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5-6 chilli padi, chopped
- Ground White Pepper
- Heat oil in pan. Deep fry prawns for about 1-2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Keep about 2 tablespoons of the oil used.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil used. Melt the butter. Fry the chilli padi, basil leaves, curry leaves, garlic and salt till fragrant.
- Add in the deep fried prawns, sugar, light soy sauce. Fry thoroughly.
- Beat egg yolks and add a few dash of pepper in it. Add egg mix to the pan. Fry thoroughly to even out the egg.
- Serve hot with rice or snack on it!