I must admit that I was pretty occupied today. Spending the whole afternoon watching the Korean Drama “Pasta”, I was naturally hungrified and in the heat of the moment headed straight down to the supermarket to grab whatever ingredients inspired me and created this quaint toasted appetizer.
This dish consisted of a blend of ingredients with the ham and feta cheese spreading out a good flavour of saltishness and tastiness. The quail egg with the avocado mayonnaise providing the creamy texture, the cherry tomato its sweetness and the pickled lettuce for both sweetness and crunchiness.
The only disappointing factor I felt was the lack of a French Loave or Baguette where the hardy crust and structure would have given a loving bite to the final touches of the dish. Instead, I settled for toasted white bread which wasn’t as good as the crispiness is quickly lost after a matter of minutes.
Regardless, this is a new recipe for me, and I am ready to share it with everyone!
Serving of Spiced Feta, Honey Cherry Tomato, Golden Quail Egg & German Bierschinken Ham On A Crisp White Toast
Makes 6 Servings
- German Bierschinken Ham, sliced thinly into 6 portions
- 3 Large Cherry Tomatoes, sliced, retaining only the center 2 portions
- 6 small cubes of Spiced Feta Cheese
- 3 pieces of pickled lettuce, sliced thinly
- Avocado Dressing or Mayonnaise
- Spring Onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- 2 slices white bread, toasted lightly and quartered. Remove crust
- 3 quail eggs, hard boiled, shelled and halved
- With each quarter of toasted sliced white bread, build the appetizer upwards.
- Place a slice of ham first. Next, add 2 slices of pickled lettuce and 1 slice of cherry tomato.
- Drop a teaspoon dip of dressing at the side of the cherry tomato and place half the quail egg on it
- Center a piece of feta cheese onto the tomato.
- Garnish the tops.
- Serve immediately.
That’s that for now but next time, I am going to make my own tuna paste and then use it as a spread for another appetizer. Till then =)