I really love to cook. And especially so when I can create delicious dishes with simple ingredients to infuse flavours together and bring about sensational tastes. Mum wanted to eat Soya Sauce Chicken yesterday, and mostly from what I whip up I firstly imagine the end flavours to achieve. And to my good fortune, everything turned out dee-licious.
Simple and quick, the recipe is easily achieved within 50 minutes (and 90% of that is the cooking time).
Soya Sauce Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken, Cut into desired parts
- 5-6 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of dark soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons of light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ground white pepper
- 1 whole garlic, leave the skin on.
- In a large bowl, mix in the chicken pieces,sugar, dark and light soya sauce, sesame oil. Dash into about two to three shakes of ground white pepper.
- Add water to cooking pot, start the heat.
- Thereafter immediately place the pieces of chicken in, followed by the sauce mixture left behind and the whole garlic.
- Leave to simmer for 45 minutes adding half cups water when necessary to ensure the liquid does not dry out.
- At the 20 minute mark, turn chicken pieces around to ensure an even infusion of sauces on all sides.
- Remove chicken pieces, plate it, and serve.
- And if you need to make the sauce, reduce the remaining liquid to desired consistency and spoon over the black soya sauce chicken.
Its that easy =) Just imagine a savoury sweet very tender texture coupled with a smooth and silky fatty skin with morsels of heartwarming goodness in each bite.