Come Thursday 18th September, experience the culinary genius of Quique Dacosta, one of the most famous chefs in Spain with Three Michelin Stars under his belt. Priced at $538++, this specially designed 5 course meal will take place at Softel So’s latest restaurant Xperience. Each dish presented will be paired with fine wines from Spain’s Castell d’Encus winery.
Dacosta is part-chef, part botanist, thus his dishes are masterfully minimalist while embracing bold flavours that mimic the experience of living one together with the earth. He carries a reputation for a culinary style that features edible landscapes that evoke the aroma and texture of the environment, leaving guests with a sensory experience that is one to remember.
Dishes presented for the night include:
- The Haze – a dish that recreates the taste of humidity and warm of the earth after a storm – featuring pine nuts, raw peas, pig crackling crumble with mushrooms, black truffle and small flowers – paired with a Taleia 2012
- Cuba Libre of Foie Gras – a Dacasta signature of melt-in-your-mouth foie gras with cream, veiled with coca-cola and rum and granita of lemon with brioche on the side – paired with Ekam 2012
- The Hen of the Golden Eggs – a poached egg cooked at low temperature with a broth of chicken and vegetables, coffee and gold – served with Ascup 2011
- Ashes Rice – soft senia rice with smoked black truffle, braised pigeon, chanterelle mushrooms, inspired by the rice of Valencia after harvesting and burning – paired with Quest 2011
- Chocolate Sand – a signature delight of textures and tastes of chocolate – paired with Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage Blanc 2006
Tickets can be booked via +65 6701 6800. The event is only open to 100 diners at Sofitel So’s newest restaurant, Xperience.