After a short hiatus for about six months, Colony at the Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore is now officially open! While its predecessor Greenhouse is well known in the buffet scene, Colony is set to embrace new heights (and stomachs) with its expanded kitchen and culinary styles. Up to eight different conservatory kitchens will be featured in the restaurant. Each of them will detail a food narrative of the culinary journey and heritage that transformed Singapore through the years. Couple that experience in a setting that is almost too gorgeous, what you have here is the next buffet place to be at this upcoming festive season.
A refreshed (and new) restaurant that simply looks amazing.
The eight ‘kitchens’ (or counters) are as follows:
- The Ice Bar – Crustaceans on ice, salads, cold cuts and cheeses. Highlights include King crab legs, half shell scallops, mussels and poached live prawns
- The Grill and Rotisserie – Western and Asian meats such as Beef wellington, sop buntut, Iberico suckling pig with Balinese spices, grilled satay
- The Steam Basket – Asian noodles, soups and other steamed delights. Check out the Colony laksa with homemade lobster ball or tuck in to an assortment of dim sum such as siew mai and xiao long bao
- The Wok – Local wok-fried delicacies such as the Singapore chilli crab and the seafood fried rice with XO sauce
- The Tandoor – Indian meats, seafood and breads cooked in a traditional Tandoor oven.
- The Fruit Stall – Whole fruits and freshly pressed fruit juices. If you are undecided on what to have, call for the “juice of the day”
- The Patisserie – Your dessert counter with assorted Nonya kueh, artisan tea chocolates, ice creams and sorbets and other sweet treats.
- The Bakery – Freshly baked breads, pastries and sandwiches
While the pictures here were taken during the restaurant’s Grand Opening, it certainly will give you an insight to what you can expect from the buffet. This is one article where pictures will definitely speak volume over words.
Langoustines and King Crab Legs at the Ice Bar
Freshly shucked oysters
Back to the Ice Bar for the extensive assortment of cheese for dessert
I highly recommend the Chendol Ice Cream and Raspberry sherbet
Colony is the buffet place to be at. After an exciting first visit, I am keen to make a return visit or two on my own (hopefully within the next few months) to see what it is like after the initial Grand Opening (which had a slightly more extensive line up). Although there were a few hiccups during the start (such as a cold liu sha bao), most of the dishes were well executed, elegantly plated and worth the calories. Colony will be open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, with a Vintage Champagne Brunch rounding up the weekly experience. Even if the name can be historically contentious, from a gastronomic point of view, this restaurant is certainly worth the visit.
Thank you the Ritz-Carlton, Milennia Singapore for the invitation.
|The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore
7 Raffles Avenue
Reservations: 6434 5288
Mon to Sun 6.30am – 10.30am
SGD45++ per adult
SGD22.50++ per child (6-12 years)
Vintage Champagne Brunch